From clothes to toys to gear, there are no shortages of adorable baby gifts to be found. Still, I often find it tricky to shop for babies, especially my own. I mean, it’s not like they want anything, nor do they have any idea what’s happening during a gift exchange. But that won’t stop me from wrapping up a special plush friend or the newest “it” educational toy for my boys.
This year’s gift guide for baby includes a few items the whole family can enjoy, including adult-approved nursery decor and a swing to free up mom’s arms for 20 minutes or so. Because a few minutes of alone time is a gift in itself.
1. Commemorate baby’s birth with personalized art that’s anything but juvenile.
2. An airplane swing to take him on a bouncy flight – no pilot’s license required.
3. This five-sided wooden Take-Along Activity Box is designed to engage and entertain.
4. Donut rattles may not taste as good as the real thing, but they’re a pretty sweet present for the teething baby.
5. A groovy walker for baby’s first steps — and to help her shuttle her stuffed animals to the nearest outdoor musical festival.
6. This clean-lined rocking horse was designed with the safety of very small children in mind.
7. Looking for a lovey? This vintage-inspired cat doll would make a perfect best friend.
8. Hand-embroidered with the lyrics to “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,” this quilt will surely become a family heirloom.
9. Modern, wooden activity gyms are hard to find. This grey one is available with car or animal rattles.
10. For the very proper (or very British) baby: breakfast, lunch, tea, and supper bib set.
11. Baby Dr. Martens. Enough said.
12. Royally cute leggings let baby boys and girls shine bright like a diamond. (I totally went there.)