The way I see it, there are two kinds of coffee drinkers: those who enjoy it for the taste and those who consume it for the caffeine kick. Before JB and I had a lesson in manual brewing, I was content drinking pretty much anything as long as it came with a buzz.
Since then, however, we’ve become slightly obsessed with attaining the perfect cup of coffee at home. It’s been fun experimenting with different roasts, grinds, and brewing methods. (Our favorite, so far? The Chemex.)
Here are 11 gift ideas for coffee lovers that may inspire them to put down their Starbucks holiday drink and embrace the art of simple brewed coffee.
1. A motivational mug that doesn’t take itself too seriously. (“You can do it!” “Shut up, mug!”)
3. Toss your parents’ plastic cone dripper from the 80s and replace it with this ceramic coffee pour-over set from Hario.
4. The Blue Bottle Craft of Coffee: Growing, Roasting, and Drinking, with Recipes is the ultimate guide to enjoying the perfect cup of coffee at home.
5. Don’t cry! These hand screen-printed tea towels are perfect for cleaning up spilt milk — or coffee creamer.
6. From grinding to brewing to mixing to drinking, the Compendious Coffee Chart illustrates every possible way to enjoy a cup of coffee.
7. An iced coffee maker that quickly chills freshly brewed coffee minus the ice cubes.
8. The perfect coffee mug for anybody spending the holidays with family.
9. Get fresh-roasted whole-bean coffee delivered to your door with a monthly coffee subscription.
10. Looking for something handmade? Download this I Heart Coffee cross-stitch pattern and pull out your needle and thread.
11. A travel kit that includes absolutely everything you need to brew a delicious cup of coffee . . . except the water.