School’s back in session! Students across the country returned the classroom this week — well, except in Omaha, where they went back to school in mid-August. Can you imagine starting school that early?
As a kid, the beginning of a new school year always seemed to bring with it more possibilities than the beginning of a new calendar year. And shopping for school supplies–from Trapper Keepers and crayons to college-ruled notebooks and erasable pens–only fueled my excitement for what lay ahead: meeting teachers, making friends, and joining after-school activities.
Our classroom days might be long behind us, but that doesn’t mean you and I still can’t enjoy back-to-school shopping. Now’s the perfect time to spruce up the office with some grown-up school supplies. After all, why should school-age children get all the goodies?
- Does this sentence look blurry? Schedule an eye exam and then order yourself a pair of nerdy chic glasses from Warby Parker.
- Read more best sellers (and some classics, too) with the lightweight Kindle Paperweight from Amazon.
- Extracurricular reading material like Anthology magazine that speak to your interests will keep your mind sharp.
- Backpacks are the new black — unless they’re purple like this sophisticated MZ Wallace version.
- A fresh pencil, of sorts, from Sephora will have you coloring within the (lip) lines.
- Your busy schedule doesn’t allow time for journaling? Simply note the highlight of each day in this five-year memory book from Urban Outfitters.
- Keep track of your to-do list on a lined notepad from Anthropologie reminiscent of composition paper.
- Colorful desk accessories from Poppin create a cohesive office space while brightening your day.
- Access your calendar, email, and camera with the sleek and shiny Apple 5S.
- Stay clutter-free with a wireless scanner from Amazon that sends paper, receipts, and photos to your computer or favorite cloud apps.
What’s on your (real or imaginary back-to-school shopping list?