I don’t miss homework, and I definitely don’t miss exams, but I do miss the excitement of getting organized for a new academic year. Shopping for school supplies was something I looked forward to every September.
If the end of summer still puts you in the mood to go back-to-school shopping, here are nine office supplies to make heading back to work (instead of the classroom) a little more bearable.
1. A fully customizable handmade notebook featuring an eco-friendly canvas cover, stitched binding, and your choice of pattern and interior pages.
2. The little black dress of pens but in a rainbow of colors. Who knew writing instruments could be chic?
3. A midcentury modern desk to inspire productivity in even the smallest spaces. (If only it would keep itself neat and organized.)
4. Motivational office artwork to remind you that skills pay the bills.
5. A DIY monogram kit to leave your stamp of approval on anything you damn well like.
6. A thermal mug that’s supportive of your coffee addiction. Because priorities.
7. A digital clock that looks like a prop from Mad Men so you’re never late for another appointment.
8. A tablet sleeve with a pretty pattern to brighten your work day — and make it easy to find your iPad inside your bag.
9. A sophisticated case to stow your pens and pencils in style.
PS – Last September’s list of school supplies for grown-ups.