Tomorrow is my birthday! It totally snuck up on me because, as you can imagine, I’ve been more than a bit preoccupied with Asa these past three weeks. I have no idea what, if anything, is planned for the day. I certainly haven’t planned anything, and I haven’t mentioned to JB what I’d like to do.
So I started doing a bit of brainstorming yesterday to determine what activities, when combined, would result in the perfect birthday. Here’s what I came up with:
* A breakfast of Eggs Benedict and French press coffee (if only Lot 2 in Benson served brunch on Saturdays!)
* A shopping spree at Anthropologie using my birthday discount
* A loooong massage — with or without hot stones and aromatherapy
* An afternoon viewing of The Grand Budapest Hotel at Film Streams
* A dinner party with all my friends
* A nightcap at The Boiler Room
Of course, for this “perfect birthday” to be possible, I would have to be able to eschew my parenting responsibilities for the day. It’s nearly impossible to spend the day shopping, eating, and watching movies when you’re constantly feeding a newborn and wrangling a toddler!
I’d also have to have a ton of energy to enjoy a whole day’s worth of birthday activities. Unfortunately, energy is in short supply these days — hence the two coffee breaks in my hypothetical plans!
Have you ever thought about what your perfect birthday might look like? I’d love to know what activities you would plan. Leave a comment!
PS – My perfect birthday last year included meeting a childhood idol!
(image via Bluebird Kisses)