Katie from Meyers Styles is taking over the blog today while I’m on a brief maternity break!
MIXED BERRY & GRANOLA PARFAITS
- Fresh berries (or a 12 ounce bag of frozen mixed berries)
- 12 ounces fat free Greek yogurt divided into two bowls (I used Chobani)
- Granola (I used Kind Healthy Grains)
- 4 ounces fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries) for topping
1. Mixed Berry Sauce: Heat frozen berries in saucepan over medium high heat with three tablespoons of water for 6 minutes. When berries are hot and start bursting, reduce heat to medium. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes until berries form a sauce. Let cool completely (or put in refrigerator to cool faster.)
2. Combine half of the mixed berry sauce into the first bowl of Greek yogurt and stir. Yogurt will turn into a deep blue.
3. Layer the plain white Greek yogurt, mixed berry sauce, and granola for a festive look. Top with berries of choice – blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
Does anyone else have any great must-try parfait recipes?