One of Jordan’s college friends came to visit last week, and we took him out to dinner at one of the best Indian restaurants in town. In between bites of the spiciest baingan bharta I’ve ever tasted, our conversation jumped between topics that included vaccinations, education in America, and, for some reason, Rice Krispie treats.
Talking about the kid-friendly marshmallowy cereal bars reminded me of some incredible Golden Grahams s’mores bars we devoured in Buffalo when we visited friends last fall. They quickly became all I could think about, and soon I realized I had no choice but to whip up a pan of them myself.
The s’mores bars from Buffalo were filled with chunks of dark chocolate, but I wanted to try the new DelightFulls filled baking morsels from Nestle Toll House. Specifically, the milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling.
You guys, I may have found my new go-to homemade snack.
They were so easy to make, but here’s one piece of advice: If you ask your husband to start melting the butter for you, it’s best to specify the amount of butter (5 tablespoons) instead of assuming he read the recipe over your shoulder. Otherwise, you’ll end up fishing out a partially melted full stick of butter from a hot pot.
Chocolate Caramel S’mores Bars
adapted from Nestle
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 bag (10.5 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 bag (9 oz) Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels (milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling)
- 1 box (12 oz) Golden Grahams cereal
- Grease 13 x 9-in pan with butter or cooking spray. Pour Golden Grahams into large bowl. Reserve 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Melt butter, corn syrup, and the rest of the marshmallows in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour marshmallow mixture over Golden Grahams and stir until coated. Stir in Caramel Filled DelightFulls and remaining 1 cup of marshmallows.
- Press mixture into greased pan. Cool for one hour or until firm. Cut into bars.
Thanks to Nestle Toll House for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to try the new DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels! And thank you for being supportive of the brands that allow me to create fun content for this blog.