I’ve been carrying the same diaper bag — a purple MZ Wallace “Kate” bag — since Levi was born. One my favorite features is the detachable market purse, a small zip-top case I call my “mom pouch.”
If the contents of my diaper bag are primarily toddler-related (stickers, crayons, books, diapers, wipes, table toppers, animal crackers), the contents of my mom pouch are my grown-up essentials. When the opportunity arises to leave my diaper bag at home (let’s say, JB and I go on a rare date), I can quickly and easily toss my mom pouch into a smaller handbag and feel confident that I have everything I might need.
1. hello breath spray – I prefer a spritz or two of breath spray to freshen up while out and about rather than sucking on a curiously strong mint or chomping on a piece of gum, especially if I’m meeting up with somebody.
2. Honest Organic Lip Balm – The organic oils in this Lavender Mint lip balm moisturize lips from within rather than sealing them off like petroleum-based lip balms. And it smells so good.
3. Dental floss – After once being forced to use a strand of my own hair to wiggle out a rogue piece of food, I always carry dental floss in my bag for emergencies.
4. MAC Cremeblend Blush – I sometimes leave the house without any makeup, which is fine for running a brief errand or two. But if I’m going to be sitting in Starbucks doing work or heading to a play date with Levi, I’ll dab some bright pink cream blush on my cheeks for a healthy flush. The best part? Not having to carry an extra makeup brush.
5. Clinique Lash Doubling Mascara – Again, carrying a small tube of mascara is helpful for when I have to quickly put on my face in the car — all you really need is mascara, blush, and some lip gloss. I prefer to use the samples in those free-with-purchase gift sets from department store makeup counters. (PSA: Never apply makeup while driving!)
6. Bite Beauty Lip Shine in Sante (similar) – I discovered this all-natural lip gloss at Sephora. Infused with resveratrol, the super-antioxidant found in red wine, it (supposedly) has anti-aging qualities in addition to mouthwatering smell.
7. Sally Hansen Maximum Growth Cuticle Pen – Although I don’t use this cuticle-softening pen as frequently as I should, it’s handy to have on hand for when I’m tempted to pick at my skin.
8. Comb and ponytail holders – Because we all have bad hair days.
9. iPhone earbuds – I listen to music on my iPhone when I’m working at coffee shop or working out at the gym. Keeping my earphones in my mom pouch means I’ll never forget them at home.
10. Splenda packets – For the rare occasion when a restaurant only has the pink or blue stuff.
hello, the first line of seriously friendly oral care, debuted in March 2013, so they’re still relatively new. The brand promises a friendly mouth – healthy, white teeth, fresh breath and a clean, moisturized mouth – without artificial sweeteners, dyes or alcohol. The products feature chic, curvy packaging designed by BMW DesignworksUSA, and are made in the USA using naturally derived ingredients wherever possible. Never tested on animals.
Two Bunny & Dolly readers will each win one hello breath spray and one Honest organic moisturizing lip balm. To enter, simply visit hello’s website and leave a comment with the breath spray flavor that sounds the most interesting. Winners will be chosen at random and announced on Tuesday, July 30th. (Note: Breath spray and lip balm flavors will also be chosen randomly.)
Update: Congratulations to our winners, Molly and Julia! Ladies, I will email you for your mailing addresses. And thank you to everyone who entered the giveaway!
P.S. – Get a coupon for $1.00 off any hello toothpaste, mouthwash or breath spray by “liking” hello on Facebook. Then click on the “coupons” box under the “like” button. Coupons are limited to one per person.
Thanks to hello™ for sponsoring today’s discussion. As always, all opinions are my own.