- Perhaps you saw Pinhole Press’s Memory Game on Good Morning America earlier this week? Snag a set of 12 personalized playing cards for 50% off through Saturday the 17th at 10am PST.
- Since finding success in your 30s is topic I spend a lot of (unnecessary) time worrying about, I appreciated Gabriel’s post about later-in-life career changes.
- This simple trick will keep your guacamole green and fresh. And nope, it doesn’t involve an avocado pit or lime juice!
- Share these 15 style rules with your man — or just memorize them yourself for when you help him shop and get dressed.
- Pilates vs yoga: Which is the better strengthening exercise, and which do you prefer?
- Chassity, a blogger I met at Alt Summit back in January, spills the beans on her Land of Nod basement and playroom makeover!
We have a low-key weekend ahead of us, meaning that nothing’s on the calendar! Since last weekend was crazy busy — we hosted four adults and an infant, plus took a day trip to the Iowa State Fair — I don’t mind that this weekend will likely be pretty quiet. I just have to be careful that “quiet” doesn’t turn into boredom…or loneliness. Although is it every really quiet with a two year old in the house?
One thing I’m definitely looking forward to this weekend is finishing up season 1 of Homeland. JB and I watched episodes 6 and 7 last night — but he fell asleep before the climax of episode 7! I kept nudging him to wake up, but he just couldn’t keep his eyes opened and missed a major plot twist. Do you Homeland fans know what I’m talking about?
Before we started binge-watching Homeland, we devoured Orange Is The New Black on Netflix. Have you started watching it yet? If not, I highly recommend it, even though I find the theme song unlistenable and the main character, Piper, insufferable. The supporting characters and their story lines are what really drive the show I think.
Have a happy weekend!
(yoga photo via Women’s Health)