The Dolly Half-Dozen offers six tasty treats to nourish, inform, and entertain. On today’s menu…
1. This DIY ombre swaddle blanket is beautifully simple — and simply beautiful. (What was the last thing you dyed? A tie-dyed t-shirt at camp? )
2. My best friend admirably avoids foods with “fake” ingredients like corn syrup, hydrogenated oil, preservatives, and added sugar. I wonder if she’s heard of UNREAL candy, made from 100% real ingredients. (via Oh Joy)
3. Funfetti is our go-to for special occasions; I made JB a chocolate-frosted Funfetti cake for his 30th birthday last week. Since we always have a box of cake mix in our pantry, I think I’ll attempt these Funfetti Gooey Bars next time we need a “just because” dessert!
4. Double cleansing, the secret to beautiful skin in Asia, is gaining popularity on this side of the ocean. Would you wash your face with oil?
5. I frequently wonder this when I stumble upon an Instagram photo or Facebook post with hundreds of “likes”: Is something popular because it is actually good, or is it popular just because it is popular?
6. These Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Bars have three things going for them — they’re healthy, they’re easy to make, and they don’t take a lot of time to prepare.
JB and I are heading to the airport shortly to pick up my parents, my sister, my brother-in-law, and my nephew, Max. (Yes, we host out-of-town guests about once a month!) I’m so excited for their visit; my sister and her family haven’t been to Omaha since Levi was 5 months old — which is how old Max is now!
Since they’re only here until Monday morning, we’ll have a lot to cram into a weekend, including a day trip to the Iowa State Fair. It’ll be our third consecutive visit and my parents’ second. We’re all excited to initiate my sister and her crew to the deliciousness of fried foods on sticks! Here are photos from our first and second visits to the fair (Levi was only a month old when we went in 2011!).
Have a happy weekend! What are your plans?