The 2014 Emmy nominations were just announced, and as an ardent TV fan, I have a few issues with this year’s line-up. Take the comedy series category, for example. Are The Big Bang Theory and Orange is the New Black really competing against each another? The former is a conventional sitcom with a laugh track, while the latter is a character-driven dramedy. There’s no comparison!
Speaking of Emmy snubs, how was Tatiana Maslany overlooked for her roles (plural) on Orphan Black? We just started watching the BBC America drama after finishing the second season of Orange is the New Black, and I’m already hooked. Have you seen it? Season one is available on Amazon Instant Video — go watch it this weekend.
When you aren’t catching up on your favorite Emmy-nominated (or Emmy-snubbed) shows, here are some links to explore:
– Should you eat a taco or a burrito? Because it’s hard to make decisions when you’re hungry, via Design Taxi
– Your 1980s Trapper Keeper is making a comeback in the most modern way, via Gizmodo
– Jump-start your morning with coffee in one of these motivational mugs, via Thoughts by Natalie
– Eight repurposed fire stations in New York City (Anderson Cooper lives in one of them!), via Untapped Cities
– Chocolate + Heath Bar + pretzels + peanut butter chips + cookies + sea salt = a kid-friendly version of Trader Joe’s Cowboy Bark, via The Sparkly Life
– How to solve your problems while you sleep, via Fast Company
– Genius DIY dipped vases with removable color-blocking, via Sarah Hearts
– This three-ingredient pasta looks delicious as is, but I’d add a fourth ingredient (shrimp, maybe?) for a protein-packed meal, via A Cup of Jo
– The fall collection is here, and now I have the urge to redecorate, via West Elm
– PSA: If you’re a Nordstrom Rewards member, you have early access to the Anniversary Sale, via Nordstrom
Tomorrow is Levi’s third birthday! While we don’t have a big party planned, I’m sure we’ll find lots of ways to celebrate our guy’s special day. Hope you have a fun weekend!
(image via Elle)