I’m frequently asked about my baby registry must-haves. Although I recently wrote about baby registry ideas for a second baby, I thought I’d share some of the baby products that have proven to be indispensable over the years. If you’re creating a baby registry for the first time, here are five items I recommend you include:
1. Bassinet. Middle-of-the-night feeding and diaper-changing sessions require slightly less effort when the baby is already in your room. A bassinet or cradle at the side of the bed keeps baby within reach without the risks associated with co-sleeping.
2. High chair. Your baby won’t need a high chair until he can sit upright and hold up his head and neck, but wouldn’t it be nice if somebody else bought it for you? Note: Babies are very messy eaters, and seamless, one-piece seats are the easiest to wipe down after mealtime.
3. Baby carrier. There are many benefits to babywearing, the least of which is that your arms and hands are free to do other things while you’re carrying your baby. We mostly used a baby carrier with Levi when we were traveling, but I plan to carry Asa around the house in a wrap as often as I can.
4. Infant car seat. You literally cannot leave the hospital with your newborn unless you have an approved infant car seat properly installed in your vehicle. Don’t wait until the last minute to buy one.
5. Baby bouncer. A lightweight and battery-free baby bouncer provides a safe and comfortable spot for baby in any room of your house. When Levi was a baby, I would move our bouncer into the bathroom so I could keep an eye on him while I showered.
What baby registry must-haves would you add to this list?
All of the items above are available at Hayneedle, which has an expansive selection of baby products from highly rated brands like Babyletto, Britax, Phil & Teds, SkipHop, and BabyBjorn. Hayneedle now offers a baby registry, and to celebrate, they are giving away picks from their top 10 baby registry must-haves to 10 lucky winners.
You have until Friday, March 14 to enter Hayneedle’s baby registry giveaway on their blog. Good luck!