Happy Friday, friends! I’m so excited for the weekend. My parents will be in town, and we’re going to take a family field trip to Vala’s Pumpkin Patch. Levi was only two months old when we went last year — look how small he was! — and too young to do any actual pumpkin picking. I’m looking forward to taking him on a hayrack ride out to the pumpkin field and letting him explore. Vala’s also has a small petting zoo with goats to feed that I think Levi will really enjoy, too.
Selfishly, I’m happy my mom and dad will be to help out with Levi, who’s been coughing up a storm these past couple of days. Teething plus a cold equals one fussy toddler, and his recent 5:45 AM wake-up calls have only added to his crankiness. They’ve also made me one tired mama, and I could use a little R&R. Thank you, grandparents!
Here are some links from around the web that caught my eye this week:
- Watch Mister Rogers appearing before the Senate to defend PBS
- How to not suck at Instagram (PS: Do you follow me? My username is @pjfeinstein)
- I want to try this pretty side ponytail
- In a case of extraordinary timing, JB and I bought Bananagrams last weekend!
- Would you hang a canvas print of an Instagram photo on your wall?
- I love pesto, and this version looks delicious
I also write for Lifetime Moms:
- Is splitting housework bad for your marriage?