Did you have a baby registry for your second pregnancy? Since I’m not having another baby shower, I wasn’t planning on creating one. Plus, we received so many lovely gifts after Levi was born that it seemed presumptuous and even a little bit greedy to have another “want” list.
However, as I started nesting like a hormonal pregnant woman earlier this month, I realized we were missing a couple of big ticket baby items. Things that we either borrowed (a breast pump) or didn’t need (a second camera for the baby monitor) the first time around.
Then family members and close family friends began asking how they could contribute towards preparing for the baby, and I didn’t know what to tell them. After all, baby boy will be getting quite a few hand-me-downs from Levi!
That’s when I decided a second baby registry might actually be a helpful organizational tool.
When I was pregnant with Levi, we registered at Babies R Us, Amazon, and Target. This time I’m using BabyList, a baby registry website and mobile app, to keep track of the important items we still need — and the few wish list items that would simply be nice to have.
In no particular order, here’s what’s on my list so far. But I’d love to know if you have any additional baby registry ideas for a second baby. As I’m now 36-weeks pregnant, my mind is starting to get a little bit fuzzy!
- A portable changing pad (that’s machine washable!) for JB’s diaper bag
- A RumbleSeat to convert our UppaBaby VISTA stroller into a double stroller
- A car seat cover to keep baby warm en route (something we didn’t have to worry about with Levi because he was born in July)
- The three major items I borrowed from a friend last time: a breast pump, baby swing, and baby carrier
- An additional camera so we can watch both boys on our Motorola baby monitor
- A layette gown, which Levi never wore, because I imagine they’d make diaper changes (especially at night) much easier
- A lightweight cradle that we can keep in our bedroom at night and move around the house during the day
- Additional burp cloths because you can never have too many (and we’ve undoubtably lost several since Levi was a baby)
- A custom baby book to note all of the small details I may not write about on the blog
- Milestone cards to include in photos as an adorable prop
- A pair of Freshly Picked moccasins because they’re just too darn cute (and I don’t want baby’s feet to get cold!)
PS – High tech baby monitors to consider