They say it takes a village to raise a child, so I’ve invited some fabulous bloggers to share their thoughts on motherhood. This week they’ll be discussing everything from pregnancy to newborns to baby gear for first-time moms. First up: Kat from Living Like the Kings. Kat has one photogenic Peanut–and Peanut’s going to be a big sister soon!
Hi there, friends of Bunny & Dolly. I’m so excited to be here today.
I always find it a little weird to try and sum myself up in a couple of sentences or less, so instead I thought I would tell you 5 facts about me:
- I was born and raised in Moscow, Russia and speak Russian fluently
- I married a guy that was my roommate
- Our little Peanut made me a mom
- I work full time in Information Technology
- I’m currently pregnant with our second little nugget
When we found out that we were pregnant with our second baby (yes, on purpose), there were a number of things that went through my mind. Since I’ve already started you off with a 5-things list, I thought I’d just keep it going.
5 things I’m excited about during this pregnancy:
- Eating 2 (ok, sometimes 3) breakfasts
- Feeling the baby move
- Watching my belly round out
- Never having to suck in my stomach
- Having a nightly loaded baked potato
- Not peeing every 10 minutes
- Being able to bend over
5 things I’m excited about with a second baby:
- Holding my babies on my lap together – just the thought of it gives me the warm and fuzzies
- Watching Peanut love on her tiny sibling
- Teaching Peanut that she is not the center of our world…in a good way
- Snuggling a newborn and smelling his or her little head
- Watching my husband snuggling our newborn and smelling his or her head
5 things that scare the stuffing out of me about adding another baby:
- Paying attention to 2 babies! Some days I can barely handle one
- Watching Peanut not being the center of our world…something I can’t imagine right now
- Breastfeeding a newborn while dealing with a toddler
- Never leaving the house again because of 1 and 3
- Never having time for my husband again
and now it’s your turn – Are you a parent? What are 5 things that can tell me that’ll help with our transition?
Thanks so much for talking about your pregnancy, Kat! Being pregnant and then having a newborn with a toddler at home scares me too, so I’d love to know how other readers have made the leap from one to two kids.